Friday, February 1, 2008

The Challenge - Update 7 (G's)

The letter G has given me just 46 films for my list, which is a shame as I was hoping to wrap up this list about halfway through the alphabet. With only 46 films to choose from it could have been hard to choose a great movie but in fact there are a few candidates. Now comedy is not my favourite genre but there are three here that I think are great – Garden State, Groundhog Day and Grosse Pointe Blank.


One thing that struck me during this list was the grosses for some of the movies I’ve seen. Surely Goodfellas is worth more than $46M gross and am I one of the very, very few to have seen The Gingerbread Man with a gross of just over $1M. I’ll put forward Gladiator as the best of this section but it was close with both Goodfellas and Ghostbusters running it close.


As for the worst, I’ll plump for Gossip. I don’t think anything even happened in the movie, the script must have been about four pages long. Rubbish.


Films to see: Galaxy Quest, The Green Mile

Current Count: 457

No comments: