Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Call of Duty: Black Ops

This Call of Duty has a special place in my collection that elevates it above the other titles in the series that I own. It remains to this day the only one that I have finished the single player campaign.

That is a big deal, for me anyway. Normally I will jump straight into multiplayer and stay with that until I'm bored by the game. I will normally check out the campaign but I've never made it past the second chapter before. I think what made this one different was the approach that Treyarch made to the game. The story in this one was less about war but had an element of mystery and science fiction. It also owes a debt to elements of Lost too.

I enjoyed my time with the game and I'm sure I'll pick up the sequel later this year. The multiplayer was good too but I would say I spent less time in it than I did on other titles like MW3.

No comments: