Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

There was a lot of anticipation for this game prior to release but I was not paying much attention. I never played the previous games in the series and attention always seemed to be focused on the story and the universe of the game. I didn't think I would be able to jump in at this late stage.

I should have known better because Human Revolution is a prequel. No need to know the story thus far. And besides at the time there was nothing else coming out and I wanted something new to play.

From the first few moments with the game I knew this was something special. The music on the title screen is beautiful. In fact most of the soundtrack is excellent. I loved the aesthetic of the world and the story had me right from the start.

I also really appreciated the fact that you could ignore the stealthy approach and go in guns blazing. I mixed it up a bit during my play through but I did favor the more direct approach. My only gripe with this game is the ending. It should have been something epic but it is rather subdued and underwhelming.

That aside I am tempted to say this was the best game of 2011.

No comments: