Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Good games, good prices

Yesterday was a good day for my collection. Four titles added across three different platforms and all for bargain prices.

PES 6 (Xbox 360)
Rage (Xbox 360)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

I bought Rage on Amazon for £10, which is a decent price for such a recent title. I wasn't that interested in it at launch but for that price I felt it deserved a place in the backlog. In order to secure free shipping on the order from Amazon I needed to spend another £3. I found PES 6 under the bargains tab and put it in the basket.

I had this version of PES a few years ago when I originally had a 360 and even earned the full 1000 Achievement points in it. I felt owning it again was important. The next two purchases are strange in that I bought them in good old fashioned bricks and mortar stores

I bought Reckoning in GameStop, as it was reduced to €19.98 brand new. I guess the knock down price is due to the recent closure of it's developer 38 Studios. I am excited to try this game as I have grown more fond of RPGs in recent years. Plus the combat mechanics look like fun. Some of the reviews mentioned that the side content is poor but I guess if I stick to the main story I should have a good time with it.

Last up is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for the Wii. This was knocked down to €18.99 in Argos. Phenomenal saving for a first party Nintendo game. I have no plans to play this anytime soon having only recently disconnected my Wii. But I wanted it for my collection and at that price it couldn't be turned down.


No comments: