Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Backlog a new and growing concern

An unintended consequence of trying to increase my video game library has been the creation of a backlog. This idea of a backlog is new to me as I've never really had more than one game I've wanted to play at a time. When I say play, I don't mean to completion in most cases. Generally I'll finish with a game once I've stopped having fun and feel that I've had value for money from my purchase. I have found that in this generation especially the ratio of games completed to played has fallen substantially. Take for instance Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and it's sequel. I barely scratched the surface of either game's single player campaign, yet feel that I got excellent value from all the time spent in online multi-player. So I think it is fair to say I'm not a completionist. So my backlog is games I've yet to even play, rather than fully complete.


At the moment I'm really enjoying Assassin's Creed 2, while the following games languish in the backlog.

  • Darksiders
  • Dead Space
  • Ghostbusters
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • ModNation Racers
  • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Bounty
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Saints Row 2
  • Split / Second
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Limited Edition
  • Transformers War for Cybertron

Of those games Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the one that I want to tackle next, while Dead Space is most likely to remain unplayed I'd say.

No comments: