Thursday, July 29, 2010

WipeOut 2097





Wipeout 2097 had me completely fooled. I was totally convinced that it was released for the PS2 but it was in fact a PSOne title. I was searching for the original Wipeout on the PSOne but kept coming across listings for 2097 on the PS1. There must have been a fair number of years between 2097 and Wipeout Fusion on the PS2. Thinking about it more know I can't remember a whole lot about the game itself. Did I like it? Of course, it is a Wipeout game after all. I wonder what tracks originated in this version that have made it into Wipeout Pulse / Pure / HD?



Looking at the images on the back of the box it looks as though the developers, Psygnosis, have improved the graphics and I do remember it having some notable music on the soundtrack. I think Firestarter from the Prodigy is included. Not that I'm a fan of the band but it does get the adrenaline flowing when racing along in the Venom speed class. So not much to say about Wipeout 2097 other than its a good game and one that certainly improves my collection. There are still a couple of games from the series that I have yet to get, the original and Wipeout Fusion. The latter was most definitely a PS2 release.


No comments: