Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Replacing the PSOne slim

This is the second of two quick notes on some hardware additions to the collection.


I was aware that I still had my original PSOne in the attic. Although to be precise it wasn't actually my original PSOne console. It is the slim-line version that I picked up in Heathrow airport in London. My original phat version had died some months earlier so I decided to replace it on a spur of the moment decision. The only problem with this console is that it doesn't actually work but on the plus side I do have it in the original box, in good condition too. Turns out that replacing the console was no problem, as I just got one on eBay for a miserly €5. It was listed without any cables or boxes, which was fine as I have all that myself. 


It had been a long time since I'd held the PSOne. If you haven't seen one in a long time you will be surprised at just how small it is, particularly this slim model. Placing it beside the PS3 is almost comical. 



No comments: