Friday, July 16, 2010

The Simpson's: Hit & Run

A short note on a small addition to my resurrected game collection that I picked up in GameStop in St. Stephen's Green shopping centre. I found The Simpson's: Hit & Run in perfect condition for EUR3.99. It is memorable to me for two reasons. Firstly, it was a Christmas present from my then girlfriend (now wife) back in December 2003. Secondly, it was one of the final games that I got for the PS2. After that the only games I picked up were the new Pro Evolution Soccer games and GTA: San Andreas nearly two years after it's release. It is hard to believe that it was seven years ago, I just had to check wikipedia there to be sure. When the game was released it was accompanied by a very good TV advertisement, which must have been the reason I got it as a present. I remember commenting on it to my wife, saying that it would be cool to run and drive around Springfield. As for the game itself, I found it to be enjoyable but also rather difficult. The later driving missions with tough time limits were particularly frustrating and the camera system was not the friendliest either. That being said it is a game I'd like to revisit to see how it has held up.


Note: It is the Platinum re-issue that I bought, not the original release version.

No comments: