Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Challenge – Update 1 (#)

This is the first update on my challenge to identify 1001 movies that I’ve seen. So from the symbols section of the list on Boxoffice Mojo I have seen seventeen movies. There are actually far less movies than I would have expected to appear in this section, which is good because it makes the first update rather easy. Of the seventeen movies listed here I can pick an easy favourite - 12 Monkeys. A science fiction movie and a true classic of the genre, starring Bruce Willis and Madeleine Stowe. I saw this in the cinema with a friend and I still remember that when we emerged from the cinema we were just both stunned by it. I still watch it whenever it pops up on TV.

Other notables movies include 3:10 to Yuma, 300 and 28 Days Later. At the other end of the scale is 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag – a dire Joe Pecsi film.


Films to see: 25th Hour

Current count: 17

No comments: