Friday, January 25, 2008

The Challenge – Update 5 (D’s)

The 'D' movies have provided me with sixty-eight movies, which is just one shy of my favourite number. This category throws up another famous movie franchise Die Hard. I really love these movies bar of course the misstep that was Die Hard 2. My favourite movie amongst this lot has to be Donnie Darko. This movie just came out of no where to totally blow my mind. What was it about? A far too long and complicated answer is needed to for that and at the end of it even I wouldn't be sure what the hell happened. All you need to know is that if you haven't seen it, then you need to see it. Now. Go on, do it now.

It is just as easy to pick out this section's turkey in the horribly misshapen form of Dreamcatcher. If I'm honest with myself I only went to the cinema to see this because they were playing a short animated Matrix movie in the build up to the Matrix sequels. I also thought a film with Morgan Freeman and aliens would be good. Wrong!!

Films to see: Dog Day Afternoon


Current count: 319

No comments: