Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Challenge - Update 6 (E & F's)

With just the 34 movies to report on from the letter E and a further 58 from F I'll include both in this update. It seems a rather small number doesn't it? Obviously the one film to truly stand out is The Empire Strikes Back. The best of the Star Wars series and it is a true masterpiece. Is it a co-incidence that George Lucas didn't direct the best of the series? Another film from my list is Event Horizon which really was a scary movie when I first saw it. In fact, I think it is still the only horror movie I've found to be genuinely scary. There really isn't anything to mention from the F category except perhaps The Fifth Element which is one of my guilty pleasures.

There are some terrible movies from this category such as Eyes Wide Shut. I just found this movie so terribly boring. But the prize goes to eXistenZ as worst movie here and it will be hard to find a worse movie. The film is even worse than the title would have you imagine.

Current count: 411

No comments: