Tuesday, January 29, 2008

M&Ms macro


As I wrote last week I attended my first photography class last week and we were given some homework to do. This consisted of taking a number of photographs that met some simple criteria. My favourite of the bunch was taking a macro shot of any object we wanted. Of the four photos we had to take (fill in flash, before and after white balance shots) the macro shot is by far my favourite. I had built a home made lighting studio (instructions care of www.trustedreviews.com) and this was my first time to really see if it worked. I have to say I'm more than impressed with the result, which you can see below. I have no idea why I choose M&Ms but it worked. I think they give a nice mix of colours plus the fact that anyone looking at the photo will know the actual size of the sweets so will appreciate the zoom factor.


No comments: