Sunday, January 13, 2008

Some new kit



Yesterday I finally took the plunge and bought the Xbox 360 Messenger Kit. I had thought about getting it a number of times but had never gone through with it. However, now that I'm really getting into the Master League in PES2008 I wanted to do some editing.

Normally I wouldn't bother with editing the game as I always plan on getting the next iteration of the game. It would be a lot of work which would be gone to waste by the following release. However, I suspect I won't be updating the title this year so now I want everything to be perfect. I'm a bit of a perfectionist that way.

Anyway, this is all off the point. I had just wanted to say how cool I think the Messenger Kit is. It is perfectly designed with a nice, clear and full QWERTY keyboard layout. The buttons are nicely spaced and you can get a decent typing speed going. I had concerns that it would add too much weight to the already slightly heaving 360 controller but it is incredibly light. You can play a game iwht the keyboard attached without any noticeable difference. The keyboard also detaches very easily so the impact on gameplay is negligible as you can just snap it off. Also the keys lights up which is a cool feature.

All in all it is almost good enough for me to enable MS Messenger on my 360! But nothing is that good.

No comments: